HOW IS SHIRK OPPRESSIVE?
- Lack of security, contentment and inner peace. [ Sûrah al-An`âm : 81-82]
- Intellectual and moral decline. [ Sûrah al-Tawbah : 31], [ Sûrah Maryam : 42],[ Sûrah Fâtir : 14]
He says: “But the supplication of those without faith is nothing but vain error.” [ Sûrah Ghâfir : 50]
- The pursuit of uncertainties and lies. Allah says:.” [ Sûrah Yûnus : 66]
- Inconsistency in behavior, thought, and worship. [ Sûrah Yûsuf : 106]
- Confusion and the inability to distinguish between what is beneficial and what is harmful. [ Sûrah al-Ra`d : 16]
- Crass opportunism and a tendency to take advantage of others. [ Sûrah al-Nahl : 54],[ Sûrah al-`Ankabût: 65] [ Sûrah al-Rûm : 33]
- Idolatry and other forms of polytheism give Satan a way to have power over the polytheist. [ Sûrah al-Nahl : 98-100],[ Sûrah al-An`âm : 112]
- A narrow, materialistic worldview.” [ Sûrah al-Kahf : 34-36]” [ Sûrah al-Baqarah : 96]
- Indecisiveness, perplexity, and incoherence of thought. [ Sûrah al-Zumar : 29]
- Depression, frustration, and despair of Allah’s mercy. [ Sûrah al-An`âm : 125], [ Sûrah al-Hijr : 56]
Types of Idols
- Calf, statues as idols.[2:51] [21:51-53]
- Worshipping other gods (is worshipping the devil). [4:117]
- Jesus as an idol.[5:72]
- Jinns as idols.[6:100]
- Children as idols.[7:190]
- Humans as idols.[7:194]
- “Intercessors” as Idols. [10:18]
- Satan as an idol.[14:22]
- Property as an idol.[18:32-36] [18:42
- The dead prophets, messengers and saints as idols.[16:20-21] [3:79]
- God’s servants as idols.[18:102]
- Ego as an idol.[25:43],[45:23]
- Upholding religious Sources other than God’s words, as an idol [6:19]
- Religious leaders and scholars as idols.[9:31]
- Creating sects in religion is idol worship.[30:31-32]
- Dividing believers and providing comfort to those who oppose God and His messengers is practicing idol worship.[9:107]
Prophet salallahualehim wasalam
“…..If you ask, then ask Allah [alone]; and if you seek help, then seek help from Allah [alone]…”
إذَا سَأَلْت فَاسْأَلْ اللَّهَ، وَإِذَا اسْتَعَنْت فَاسْتَعِنْ بِاَللَّهِ…..”
“Let one of you ask his Lord concerning his needs, all of them, until he asks him even for a shoestring when his breaks.” .Tirmidhī Sahih
Are Prophet Muhammad’s parents in hell fire because they committed Shirk?
The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: “The thing that I fear most for you is minor shirk.” They said: “O Messenger of Allah, what is minor shirk?” He said: “Showing off, for Allah will say on the Day when people are recompensed for their actions: ‘Go to those for whom you were showing off with your deeds in the world, and see what reward you find with them.’” (saheeh).
Prophet said:“Shirk among you will be more subtle than the footsteps of an ant, but I will teach you something which, if you do it, both minor and major shirk will be kept away from you. Say: Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika an ushrika bika wa ana a’lam wa astaghfiruka lima la a’lam (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from associating anything with You knowingly, & I seek Your forgiveness for that of which I am unaware).” (Saheeh al-Jaami).
Prophet (saw) said: “Tiyarah (superstitious belief in omens) is shirk, tiyarah is shirk,” three times (abu dawud).
Prophet (saw) said: “Incantations, amulets & love spells are shirk.” Abu Dawood.
“….. “O my son, do not associate anything with Allah.Indeed, association with him is great (oppression, injustice, wrong).” [Lukman Q31:13].
The Prophet said: “Whoever dies claiming that Allah has a rival, will enter Hell.” (Bukhari).
Request “Da’wah” or ask Question(s) via Whatsapp: +27623805003